Black Mold Symptoms

Filed Under: Black Mold Information

Black mold can cause a variety of health problems in human beings as well as pets around your house.  Although the mold itself isn’t toxic, the chemicals that are released as a byproduct of the mold growing and expanding on surfaces of your home is what causes the health problems, some of which can become deadly if not identified and rectified in a proper manner.

Moisture is a perfect breeding ground for black mold.  If an area of your house is prone to moisture, and precautions aren’t taken to make sure that those areas are well ventilated, and that air is circulating properly, then you increase your chances of black mold being able to grow.  The way that they grow is by eating on the surfaces that they are living on.  That process releases toxins commonly referred to as VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) and those VOC’s are harmful to many parts of our body, especially our respiratory system.

If you think you are experiencing any of the following black mold symptoms, then contact a medical professional. If these problems are indeed caused by black mold, then you’ll definitely want to make sure to contact a black mold removal company to get rid of the mold so that no further health damage is done to you or your family.

Here are some of the symptoms of black mold exposure below:

What are some black mold signs to be on the look out for?

There are a few different things that can tip you off about possible black mold in your house.  If you are unsure, then it is worth your time to call a black mold removal specialist and their first step is to come out and identify if a problem actually exists, and the extent of the problem.

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook

Tagged with: , , ,


How To Get Rid of Black Mold in Bathroom

Filed Under: Black Mold Information, Removing Black Mold

Black mold in bathroom is typically caused by a specific type of fungus scientifically referred to as Strachybotrys chartarum. This sort of fungus tends to collect and expand on surfaces that retain a high level of moisture and humidity. It is for this reason that bathrooms tend to be excellent breeding grounds for black mold, as this is the one area of the house that experiences high humidity levels throughout the day.

Black mold is more likely to grow in humid climates, as this is the most comfortable habitat for fungal expansion. Some types of mold are considered to be toxic and dangerous to human health, whereas others are non-toxic and do not come with any specific health risks. However, it can be somewhat difficult to figure out whether a specific mold growth is toxic or not, and this is the fundamental reason why you should ensure that your bathroom remains mold-free at all times.

There are a variety of different methods that can be used to effectively remove mold from your bathroom. The conventional method that has been used for black mold removal for many years is performed by scraping mold off of the surface of the wall on which it is grown. Afterwards the surface can be carefully and methodically washed with warm water, preferably with a cap of bleach mixed into it. This effective way to remove mold has been around for a long time.

Another popular method that works just as well as the conventional method, if not even better, is to purchase and use a mold-removing cleaning product. These are usually aerosol cans filled with a chemical cleaner that is sprayed onto the mold-infected surface. After a wait of several minutes, the mold can then be rinsed off. This will neutralize and kill the mold fungus at its core, and is somewhat more convenient than using the traditional method.

Post to Twitter Post to Facebook

Tagged with: ,


« Previous PageNext Page »